For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Childbirth Class and 33 weeks!


32 weeks, 4 days

This past Saturday we had our childbirth class at the hospital. We ended up doing the one day condensed class that took up a good chunk of the day. It also happened to be one of the first really nice Saturdays, but oh well. It was actually very interesting and beneficial I think. The first part talked a little about nutrition, both prenatal and for the first year of the baby's life. I'm sure the pediatrician will talk about it more too, but I felt slightly clueless on when you fed babies what. Like what age you introduced rice cereal, when they got baby food, etc. So that was good. Then the rest of the class was the fun labor stuff. We practiced breathing and went over different positions for when you are in labor, and they even had the guys practice back massages! That was my favorite part. The video wasn't that bad. The only part that was pretty gross was when they showed the placenta being delivered. You don't really think about that having to come out too, or at least I didn't. I mean I knew it didn't stay in there, but I just didn't think about it much. I think most people are distracted because the baby is already out anyways. Patrick was such a good sport about spending his Saturday at a childbirth class. I know he wasn't thrilled about spending his Saturday doing that, but nonetheless he was a great husband and father. I think he was slightly entertained watching my stomach and feeling my stomach since our little dude was quite active that day! I am taking another class the beginning of April on breastfeeding.

In other news, the nursery is almost finished! The curtains are up, pictures are up, and the memory board is up. I also got little letters for his name and covered them with fabric that matches the curtains. Yes...we do have a name!! A few people know, but we are sorta keeping it a secret for now. I have a shower for friends and coworkers next Saturday, and his name will be on the cake so a lot of people will find out then. I'm so excited to finally have a name and get used to him as something other than little man! The only other thing new that I am excited about is that my good friend from my hometown, Valerie (Pease) Hayes, just found out that she too is having a boy. Our boys will be about 9 weeks apart! Wish we lived closer, but we're not too far and we'll have to make more visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment