For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2nd Baby Shower!







Tiffany hosted my 2nd baby shower for friends and coworkers. We were blessed with a gorgeous sunny day! The shower was so much fun! Tiffany did a fantastic job. It was our first reveal of the name we chose for our little dude....Owen Joseph White. Patrick and I decided on the name recently, and had only told a few people and our parents. Tiffany put it on the cake, so it was fun telling people that way. The little saying was so cute! Tiffany also made me an adorable cake of another nature, a diaper cake! Very crafty! I told her that her first gift (the diaper cake) would ultimately end up in her second gift (the diaper genie)!


Me and Tiffany

Games we played included the belly measuring game, a baby shower mad lib, a name the candy baby shower poem, and baby shower bingo. My coworker Emily was pretty much dead on with the measuring game. Most other people measured too big once again. The baby shower mad lib was absolutely hilarious. For those not familiar with mad libs, you get one sheet first that tells you to come up with various parts of speech like a noun, verb, adjective, number, etc. Then after you choose your words, you get a story where you fill in the blanks with the words you chose. They were all so funny, I had to randomly pick a winner. The poem was really cute too. Linda ended up winning that one. Here is a link for some of the games that we played. http://www.diva-girl-parties-and-stuff.com/baby-shower-games.html


Kristy and Miranda

I once again got some amazing gifts. Everyone was so generous, and I really am thankful that I have such awesome people in my life. The first thing I opened was from Casey and it was a little onesie that she had designed. It had the silhouette of a chihuahua and said "My older sister is a Chihuahua." So perfect! Now all I need is a shirt for Bella that says "Big Sister." I know, I'm a nerd. I got more great adorable clothes as well as extremely useful items such as our high chair, Diaper Genie, electronic nasal aspirator, teethers, toys, and so much more. Not to mention a baby tuxedo from Andrea! So cute! We have a wedding to go to in August, so he will look like such a little man! The best shower gift may have to go to Miranda though. Not only did she get things for the baby, she included the DVD of New Moon with her gift! Leave it to Miranda! My college friends who are now in Illinois, Nebraska, and Michigan could not make it to the shower, but they did send me the awesome swing we registered for at Target! So excited to try it out! Megan also got the baby his first Miami gear, shown in the prior post.


Bella posing by the onesie made by Casey


Me and Miranda

Just want to say thanks again to all my friends, family, and coworkers. I've gotten so much and been so lucky. Much thanks to Tiffany for being an awesome friend and making everything perfect. I had so much fun!


UMR work crew

No comments:

Post a Comment