For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Snoogle and hospital tour...


Snoogle!

As I am now 26.5 weeks, sleeping continues to get more uncomfortable. After a few nights of waking up several times due to back pain, I broke down and bought a full body preggo pillow. I got the Snoogle, and it has been a God send! I love it! It looks like a giant "C" and I like to put part of it between my knees and use the long side to support my back. You can flip it around and use the long part to hug, so to speak. I may try that out as well. I've used it for two nights, and I must say that I have slept much better. Although I have had two really bad dreams each night as well. Hopefully tonight brings sweet dreams! Anyways, I would definitely recommend the Snoogle. Yes, they aren't the cheapest, but use a Babies R Us 20% off coupon and it's not too bad. Definitely worth it in my opinion. Also, you can use it after the baby is born sorta like a Boppy or just to help prop you up too when nursing.

We had our hospital tour last night, and it definitely brought back memories to when we were there almost 6 months ago when Cherette had Kara. I had already seen the rooms, but I was still impressed a second time. They have awesome birthing rooms at Good Sam. They redid them recently, and they are so roomy. I also saw the waiting room where my mother in law and Cherette's mom spent hours waiting for little Kara to arrive. After the baby is born, you go into the postpartum rooms. It's too bad they aren't as roomy as the birthing rooms, but I understand why they aren't! They aren't so bad though. Maybe I'll be lucky and get a corner room, which is a little larger. We saw a couple little ones in the nursery, and it made me excited for our little boy to get here. Just about 3 more months! I'm so excited for my showers. Tiffany and Cherette both have the invitations, and they both did a great job! I know they will throw awesome showers. I'm lucky to have such great friends and family! My little boy continues to move around a lot in his little home. He sure likes to let me know that he is in there. It really is neat. I think I'll miss it when I'm not pregnant anymore.

I've been doing pretty well still going to the gym. I try to go 3 times a week, and I have been. I usually just ride the recumbent bike for a little while and walk around the track or on the treadmill. I was walking in today and a guy told me that I looked like I was smuggling in a basketball. Another guy asked how far along I was. Glad people know that I'm pregnant and don't just think I have a huge potbelly! I guess when you are fairly small everywhere else, it should be pretty apparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment