For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com

Thursday, April 22, 2010

37.5 weeks....will it ever end?


37 weeks, 3 days

I went to the doctor today for my weekly appointment and he did start checking me at this appointment. He said there wasn't much progress yet. I'm not dialated at all, but I am about 60% effaced. With all of these Braxton Hick contractions I've been having, I would have thought I was maybe around there or a little more. I'm excited to have him out, but scared to death at the same time. I'm not as much scared of the labor as taking him home! Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled he will be here, it's just a little scary to be in charge of something so incredibly important! Anyways, the doctor wanted to go ahead and schedule an induction if I haven't already gone into labor. Since he is on call on Wednesdays, he went ahead and scheduled it for Wednesday, May 12th. I will be a few days past my due date at that point. I really hope I don't have to be induced, but I think that giving my body at least up until my due date is good. If I don't have him by then, I will be fine with being induced on the 12th. Another interesting thing at the appointment was when the doctor guessed how big Owen was going to be. He said he didn't think he was going to be very big of a baby, and he guessed that he would be born weighing in the low 6's! That was based on just seeing me and feeling the baby, and he did say afterward that he really didn't know and couldn't say for sure. So I'm definitely not counting on it. I've heard plenty of stories from people who have had doctors say their babies would be much bigger or smaller than ended up being. My guess is that he will be in the low 7's. Only time will tell! If you are reading this and you have a guess, play my game! Go to www.expectnet.com/games/OwenWhite and make a guess! The only other exciting thing to report is that I am getting a hot stone foot massage and pedicure at Becoming Mom on Saturday morning! Cherette and Aaron got it for me for Christmas, and I was holding out until I was closer so that I would have pretty toes for the delivery. Well pretty toes really just for the warmer weather where I'd be wearing more sandals and they would be seen. Anyways, I'm very much looking forward to it!

http://www.expectnet.com/games/OwenWhite

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great at 37 1/2 weeks if you are already effacing. Don't stress yourself out, you have plenty of time still to make progress! And as far as bringing a baby home, it's only hard because they don't sleep at opportune times and take extraordinarly long to eat(while you are in a hormone jungle and recovering from delivery). There is definitely a learning curve, but you'll be feeling like a pro in no time! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun! I LOVE having girls like you and Cherette who've been through it for all the support! I read your "mom advice" on your blog, and really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete