For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com

Sunday, October 18, 2009

11 Weeks!

Patrick and I are having a baby!! Baby White is due to arrive on May 9th, 2010, which just so happens to be Mother's Day next year. Hopefully baby will come on time or slightly early, so that I don't have to share my birthday on the 14th. It wouldn't be the end of the world though, and may be kinda cool to share. Just starting to write my blog today, but no one will probably be reading this for a little while longer since no one knows yet! Well, our parents know and Cherette and Aaron (soon to be aunt and uncle), but that's all so far. Would have told my brother, but would rather do it in person and I haven't gotten to see him for a little while! Today is Sunday, October 18th, and today marks the beginning of the 11th week. Everything I've read says that the threat of miscarriage is much much less once you get to 12 weeks, so I am praying that all is well! We go for our first ultrasound this Thursday, which I am excited and somewhat nervous about. I just hope everything is progressing how it should in there.

We found out on September 1st, after I was only maybe 2 or 3 days late. We were very excited, but it still didn't seem all that real at first. I had wanted to start trying in August for a while, and it just so happened to work out perfectly. Now at 11 weeks, I've actually lost about 5 pounds. I've had some morning sickness, and really not much of an appetite. It's funny, because I get full much faster for some reason. Anyways, went camping with my dad's whole side of the family over Labor Day weekend, and managed to keep it a secret even though people kept asking us when we were going to have a baby. Didn't even tell my parents. I went to the doctor's on September 8th just to confirm that the home pregnancy test was correct. Then I had my first OB appointment on September 24th. I think we are going to start sharing the news as long as all is well this Thursday at the ultrasound. I don't know how long I can make up excuses not to drink, so that will be nice when people know! The last wedding I went to was right after we found out, and I faked it by drinking cranberry juice and sprite all night. I would recommend that concoction to those of you pregnant and not ready to share yet. Just don't let anyone be around when you have to order.

I don't really have a strong desire either way for a boy or girl, but right now I think it may be a boy. We are planning to find out, and will probably find out right around Christmas time. It will be neat because Kara (my niece) will be 9 months when the baby is born, so they will be close. I could keep writing, but I will end here for now. I will try and get some pictures posted soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment